Review from me :
I’m a big fans of Seo Kouji, so whenever he makes a new manga, I will check it out immediately. Seo Kouji is known as the master of romance story who can flip your heart easily with his brilliant story-telling about romance! He is the best mangaka of romance I’ve ever seen so far!
Fuuka is a story about cheerful girl who has brilliant voice making a band, and obviously the main power of this story is romance. From now, I will make a list of + and – for all of my review.
- Art, Seo Kouji’s art is really good, this is one of the main factor why Fuuka is really addicted to read. It’s really support the story.
- Plot twist, the reason why the story is good. If you’ve read one or more Seo Kouji’s manga, you know what I mean, at the end of each chapter, there will be a plot twist that make us (reader) is really curious about next chapter.
- Characters, all of the girls in Fuuka is likeable, the mangaka is really know how to make an ideal of girl.
- Plot twist, yes even this is one of ‘+’ side, it’s also one of ‘-‘ side. Plot twist in Fuuka isn’t always a twist that make reader happy, there’s also a twist that make reader angry (I won’t reveal it in here because it’s a heavy spoiler)
- Story, Fuuka is a music-based manga, but music-element in this manga is pretty bad and boring, really at different level with Beck. So, the one that keep me read Fuuka is it’s romance-story. I think Seo Kouji should just make a pure ‘drama-romance’ like Kimi no Iru Machi, but in more ‘adult-life’ instead of high-schooler.
- Story : 6/10
- Art : 9/10
- Character : 8/10
- Enjoyment : 8/10
- Overall : 7.75/10
I have an advice about reading Seo Kouji’s work, you shouldn’t read it every week. Read it until you can read 50-100 chapters or the best way is to wait until the manga is end. The difference is real! It happenned to me when I read Kimi No Iru Machi. It’s like you will be absorbed to the story, you don’t have to worry about plot twist, whatever the twist in the end of each chapter, you can just read the next chapter then your curiousness will dissapear. Seo Kouji is really know how to troll people with his romance-sense, so don’t expect a good thing in the middle of his story, there will be always a story that make your heart tight as hell! Follow my advice, especially if you can’t handle heavy-romance.
Yuu Haruna just moved into town and loves to be on twitter. Out on his way to buy dinner he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties. How will his new life change now?