2020 is a year that I fall in love with J-POP music the most. Shoutout to theDX3 YT Channel who make J-POP ranking platform so it’s much easier for me to find awesome japanese songs. Music is really identical to experience-rewinding. When we hear a particular music, sometimes it reminds us of some event at the moment when we hear it.
2020 is the craziest year of our generation and that’s one of the biggest reason why I want to make a list of my most favorite songs in my playlist this year. In the next 5 or 10 years, maybe I want to check these musics out and could possibly rewind everything that happened this year.
Music is very subjective, so the ranking probably won’t matter that much. But, you can use my list for reference if you want to find pretty good japanese songs though, enjoy!
Shoutout to YOASOBI to be the best thing that happened to J-POP SONGS this year.
My top three overall for 2020:
- YOASOBI (All of their song are on my list, only Yoru ni Kakeru isn’t here because it was released in 2019)
- Official HIGE DANdism
1. Official HIGE DANdism – Laughter
2. Vickeblanka – Black Catcher
3. LiSA – Homura
4. YOASOBI – Haruka
4. LiSA x Uru (produced by Ayase/YOASOBI) – Saikai
5. Official HIGE DANdism – Parabola
6. YOASOBI – Gunjou
7. YOASOBI – Ano Yume wo Nazotte
8. YOASOBI – Halzion
9. Eve – Kaikai Kitan
10. Ryokuoushoku Shakai – Shout Baby
11. Burnout Syndromes – Phoenix
12. yourness – Kago no Naka ni Tori
13. Yorushika – Shisouhan
14. ReoNa – ANIMA
15. MAN WITH A MISSION – Change the World
16. Kenshi Yonezu – Kanden
17. KANA-BOON – Starmaker
18. Ryokuoushoku Shakai – Natsu o Ikiru
19. Minami – Ame wo Matsu
20. YOASOBI – Tabun